Buy US Dollar (USD) Online
Buy US Dollars Online
The US dollar is one of the most dominant reserve currencies in the world and is also the main tender for several other countries or regions outside the United States, including the Caribbean, Ecuador and El Salvador.
Don’t be surprised to hear dollars being referred to as ‘bucks’ when you’re out and about: it’s their nickname! You may also hear 5 cent coins referred to as ‘nickels’, a 10 cent coin as a ‘dime’ and a 25 cent coin as a ‘quarter’.
Tipping is standard practice across America and you will be expected to pay up to 15% on top of your meal – or even 20% for upmarket restaurants. Thankfully, portion sizes tend to be very generous indeed, so you’re unlikely to feel short-changed!
Frequently used banknotes
The US dollar comes in seven different denominations – 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100 dollar bills. As coins are nowhere near as common as they are in the UK, it is wise to try and organise your bills in order of value to save you scrambling around for the right cash.
Buy US Dollars Online
Whether you’re off for a break in the Big Apple or a blowout in the Windy City, you’ll get a great rate when you buy dollars online with eurochange. We offer improved rates on US Dollars – boost your rate by ordering more and receiving an even better rate! Choose to Click & Collect your US Dollars from one of our 192 branches in as little as 60 seconds, or choose next day Home Delivery, free on orders of £600 and over.
About The US Dollar
The US Dollar is one of the most used currencies in the world and used in several countries outside the United States as an official currency including the Caribbean, Ecuador and El Salvador.
- The American Dollar has been used as a currency since 1690
- The US Dollar comes in 7 different denominations: 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100 dollar bills
- The average “lifespan” of USD coins is 25 years
- American Dollar notes are made of a mixture of linen and cotton
- No 2-dollar note has been issued since 2003. Some people say that the 2-dollar notes bring bad luck, but bad luck is relieved if one of the corners of the note is torn